Tuesday 26 January 2016

Changing Rooms: Dreaming of the Spring.


Stuck in the middle of Winter, I find myself dreaming of the Spring. So much so, I want to start thinking of how I can transform my bedroom without having to completely redecorate.

Since moving into the new flat with Scott, I've more or less focused on the living room - as this is where we spend the majority of our time. I am however getting bored of a boring bedroom that has no coordination or theme in sight.

For those of you who know me you'll know that I'm very indecisive, with this in mind I know that I need something that's not too committed to a colour palette, something crisp and light to really grasp the feel of spring.


Dreaming of Spring




Canvas: Something I don't usually go with is art work. Don't get me wrong I love art, but have never really felt the need for it before. Now however, in the new flat, we have large white walls that do look a bit bare. I saw this canvas and instantly new it was something I needed in my life. The price comes in at just under 100 dollars, approximately around seventy pounds. Though affordable, I would grudge paying for something that I think I could have a go at first. I do consider myself to be quite creative, and so this is something I'm going to try out in the next couple of months. Once I've gotten around to doing it, I'll write up a post about it and you can be the judge of whether or not it was worth my time!

White bedding: There's something I've always liked about white bedding. I don't know whether this is because it looks clean, crisp and welcoming, or because I associate it with a good nights sleep at a nice hotel. Either way, this is something I'm certain on getting for the makeover of my bedroom.

Moroccan pom pom blankets: At £90 - £120 a piece, these blankets are more expensive than I would usually consider. Having said this, I've not personally seen anything like these blankets anywhere. If you have, please let me know! I've really fallen in love with these, but I'm going to park them on my wish-list for the time-being.

Pillow-Cases: Pillow cases can easily be changed to suit any theme, colour palette, style or look you may be going for, so this suits my indecisive personality just fine. This particular pillow case comes in at £17 (just for the one). I definitely would like something like this that compliments the spring season, and also adds a bit of cuteness. I am going to look for a cheaper alternative, perhaps even a cushion that would add the same value to the look I'm going for. I might, might, even try getting creative and putting something similar together myself. I'll keep you updated on that front too.

Tulips: My Grandpas garden used to be flooded with tulips throughout the Spring and so to me, tulips are indeed the flowers of Spring.Yes, they'll die in due course but equally yes, they'll compliment the room. If it means I spend my months wages topping up a vase of tulips, then so be it!

These are only ideas at the moment, but I'm really loving this concept. If you guys have any knowledge of more affordable versions, then do please let me know in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment